Knowledge management is more than just bringing various parts of a firm together, says Helena Hallgarn, who argues that to deliver benefits KM has to look beyond legal knowledge alone. Helena Hallgarn is former head of KM at Scandinavian firm Vinge, who now joint runs a KM consultancy, Virtual Intelligence VQ AB.
Key points from the case study
- Standardise legal documents available on the intranet.
- Make fee earners responsible for contributing content.
- Set up a document assembly tool based on a web questionnaire.
- Introduce taxonomy to offer additional content, suggesting other sources of knowledge.
- Create ‘know-who’ support to suggest the most suitable contact at the firm for further advice.
Read the full article on the case study from Managing Partner Magazine here.